Laser Hair Removal
Super hair removal (SHR) is the latest development in permanent hair removal treatments. SHR is gentle and comfortable which is less painful than traditional lasers or IPL. It works by using selected wavelengths of low energy light which is rapidly pulsed onto the skin to gently heat the targeted hair follicles to cause damage to it and prevent the hair from regrowth.
Pricing per session
Top lip £19
Under arms £35
Half face (lip, chin, neck, cheeks) £39
Back of legs £45
Full arms £50
Half leg £60
Top of back, shoulders £60
Brazilian/ Hollywood £65
Full leg £99
Chest and Abs £99
Full back £100
10% off 2 areas
15% off 3 areas
20% off 4 areas
10% off when you buy 6 sessions upfront
Prices may vary for top-up sessions
Before the treatment
• The area must be shaved 2-12 hours prior to treatment
• Tanned skin may be treated however the tan must not be active. Therefore, avoid direct sun exposure to the area being treated for at least 3 days prior to treatment.
• Keep area free from creams and topical solutions.
• Self-tanning creams must be discontinued 2 weeks before treatment
• No bleaching, plucking or waxing 4 weeks before treatment. Only shaving must be used to remove hair during the treatment.
• No essential oils for 48 hours prior to treatment.
• Do not use depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
• If you have a history of cold sores you may take your usual medication 5 days before and 5 days after treatment.
• If you have been on antibiotics then please leave 2 weeks between finishing the course to having your SHR treatment.
After the treatment
• If you experience any redness or swelling, apply a soothing lotion such as aloe vera or cool pack
• It is advised that you do not shave or use perfume to the area for 24-48 hours post-treatment
• Avoid hot baths, saunas, hot tubs, massage treatments or athletic activity 2-3 days after treatment
• Your skin may have increased its sensitivity to the sun so it is recommended that you use SPF 30+ and avoid direct sun exposure or sun beds for 4 days after treatment
• If you do experience irritation and itchiness, avoid scratching the area. Antihistamines can be used to alleviate symptoms.
• It is advised not to use skincare containing AHAs, Glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, Retin A for 3-5 days after treatment
What does it feel like?
The application head is swept across the skin backwards and forwards which will cause the skin to heat up. A lot of people have compared it to a hot stone massage. Certain areas like the lip and intimate will be more uncomfortable.
Who is it suitable for?
SHR is suitable for all skin types. It is successful on both dark and fair skin types and even tanned skin. It is suitable for men and women.
How many treatments will I need?
We recommend a minimum of 6 sessions. It takes on average 8 sessions, gbut some people may need more.
Will the hair come back?
The destroyed hair follicles will not come back. Over time new hair may grow. You can experience years of hair free skin but eventually, some hairs will grow back. Maintenance/top up appointments are needed on average once or twice a year to keep hairs away. However, hair growing back normally returns much finer and lighter than before, therefore being less bothersome and noticeable.
Before and aftercare
Before the treatment:
- The area must be free from topical solutions.
- The hair needs to be shaved 2-12 hours prior treatment. Shaving immediately before may cause extra sensitivity.
- Tanned skin can be treated, however this cannot be an active tan. Therefore, avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 days prior to treatment. Sensitive or sunburnt skin will not be treated.
- The use of tanning creams must be discontinued 2 weeks before treatment.
- You must avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hairs for at least 4 weeks prior and do not wax or pluck or remove hair by any other way than shaving during the course.
- You must avoid the use of essential oils for 48 hours before treatment.
- Do not use depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores you may take your usual medication 5 days before and 5 days after treatment.
- If you are on a course of antibiotics, we ask you leave 2 weeks between finishing the course and having your SHR treatment.
After the treatment:
- In the unlikely event you experience any redness or swelling after your treatment, apply a soothing lotion such as Aloe Vera or a cool pack.
- We advise that you do not shave or apply deodorants to the treated area for 24-48 hours post treatment.
- We advise that you avoid hot baths, saunas, jacuzzi, massage treatments or athletic activities for 2-3 days after treatment.
- Your skin may have increased sensitivity to the sun and we recommend that you use factor 30 plus sun cream and avoid direct sun exposures or sun beds for 4 days after.
- If you experience itching in treated area, avoid scratching the skin. You can take antihistamines to alleviate irritation.
- We advise not using any skin care products containing AHAs, Glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, Retinol or Rertinoic acid (Retin A) for 3-5 days following treatment.
- We recommend that you always maintain a good skincare routine with frequent hydration on a daily basis.